Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad premiere 'Jobs' in New York

Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad premiere 'Jobs' in New York
Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad premiere 'Jobs' in New York
NEW YORK -- Hubris, or a heck of a career move?

It certainly takes confidence to play one of the most revered, iconic entrepreneurs in recent history, as Ashton Kutcher does in Jobs. As the title of the film indicates, he's Apple founder Steve Jobs, the technology prophet who died on Oct. 5, 2011, from pancreatic cancer.

The film, opening Aug. 16, also stars Josh Gad as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and was feted at a special screening Wednesday night at the Museum of Modern Art.

What would Kutcher ask Jobs if he could have dinner with him?

"Nothing," said Jobs.

He was kidding. "Steve Jobs was a brutally honest guy. He just wanted you to be better at whatever it was. I'd try to explain to him the things that I'm trying to achieve and get his honest feedback. And I think he, unlike most people, wouldn't be afraid to tell me."

In other Kutcher news, as his divorce from Demi Moore drags on, he's been getting very hot and heavy with adorable actress Mila Kunis. And the new season of his CBS series Two and Half Men premieres on Sept. 26.

Gad, meanwhile, said his home really is full of Apple products. As for his first major tech splurge: "When I was about 25, I did an episode of ER. I got a MacBook Pro. I thought I was going to be rich. I wasn't," he says.